Direct cremation is the lowest cost service available. This is for people who prefer a very simple approach to the funeral service.
These funeral arrangement are provided by ourselves in our locally based premises in Liverpool.
What is included in this service:
- Our professional services, a meeting to complete all the necessary paperwork including advice on registration.
- Assistance with DWP claim from the social fund if eligible.
- Collection of the deceased.
- Looking after the deceased in hygienic conditions.
- A simple wood effect coffin suitable for cremation.
- Transfer of the deceased to a crematorium of your choice in a hearse (this may be a private ambulance if there is no attendance).
- Return of the cremated remains following the funeral service to our office for collection if required.
- Family or friends witnessing the committal at the crematorium.
This is a basic essential service only and is not suitable if you want to have a traditional funeral service. The family may witness the coffin being taken into the crematorium and may arrange their own celebrant or minister if required. Payment for this service is required in advance.
The direct cremation service is offered at a total cost of £995 plus disbursements.
There are many ways to make a funeral service special and memorable in many cases these personal touches cost nothing or very little. At Barringtons Funeral Services, our experience and personalised approach means that we can help make the day truly unique and memorable.
An overview of our
approach to funeral service