Unattended Cremation is the lowest cost service available. This is for people who prefer a very simple approach to the funeral.
These funeral arrangements are provided by ourselves in our locally based premises in Liverpool. This may be important to you as some ‘direct cremation companies’ are not local family owned businesses.
What is included in this service:
- Our professional services.
- A face to face meeting to complete all the necessary paperwork including advice on registration.
- Assistance with DWP claim from the Social Fund if eligible.
- Collection of the person who has died within a 25 mile radius.
- Liaising with the Coroner if necessary.
- Arranging Doctor’s paperwork to
- Looking after the person who has died in our temperature controlled unit.
- A simple wood effect coffin suitable for cremation fitted with a simple polycotton gown and frill.
- Transfer of the person who has died to West Lancs Crematorium in a private ambulance (Thornton or Southport £100 extra).
- Return of the cremated remains following the funeral service to our office for collection in the container from the crematorium.
This is a limited essential service only and is not suitable if you want to have a traditional funeral ceremony. The committal is not attended and family or representatives are not able to witness this happening due to the crematorium regulations. To keep the costs as low as possible payment for this service is required in advance please.
The Unattended Cremation service is costs £1200 inclusive of cremation fee.
(If Doctors certificates for cremation are required there will be an additional cost of £164).
Total including doctor’s fees is £1364.
There are some additional services that may be added:
- Dressing the person who has died in their own clothes (£75).
- Visiting the person who has died (From £75)
- Use of a traditional hearse (£200)
- Simple Ceremony on our premises before cremation takes place for up to 6 people (Including visiting the person who has died). (£200)
- Other Coffins may be chosen (at additional cost).
There are many ways to make a funeral service special and memorable in many cases these personal touches cost nothing or very little. At Barringtons Funeral Services, our experience and personalised approach means that we can help make the day truly unique and memorable.
This service is useful for families who do not wish to have a traditional funeral service but may want to have a different type of service with the ashes of their loved one present.
An overview of our
approach to funeral service