Traditional Funeral Service
The traditional funeral service is a popular choice of options made by families we care for, it seems to be the service most people recognise. Although all of our services are tailor made, the example below shows the typical costs involved. The option prices are shown in brackets.
Our Traditional Service Includes:
- The professional services of a dedicated funeral director attending to all necessary arrangements. (£1250).
- Completion of all necessary paperwork and ensuring delivery to the relevant third parties.
- Advice on registration and coroner’s procedures.
- Advice on making a claim for a funeral payment from the DWP Social fund.
- Collection of the person who has died within a 25 mile radius of our premises within office hours.
- Caring for the person who has died in suitable hygienic conditions.
- The ‘York’ oak or mahogany ‘Lincoln’ veneered coffin suitable for burial or cremation with a satin interior, six handles, relevant ornaments on the lid and a nameplate. (£325).
- An online tribute notice which is yours to keep.
- A funeral director on the day of the service and pallbearers if required.
- Administration of charitable donations.
- Assistance with placing notices in local or national newspapers.
- Embalming – A short term hygienic preservative and restorative treatment. (£80)
- Dressing of the person who has died in their own clothes or a suitable high quality gown. (Whenever possible).
- Administration of any music you require, visual tributes, electronic media or webcasts.
- A hearse and one limousine to collect you from your home address or other location and take you to the funeral service then to the committal ceremony and finally to the reception. (£620)
- Use of the chapel of rest to come and visit the person who has died within office hours up until the day of the funeral service. (£200)
- Return of the ashes in a decorative scatter tube. (if cremated).
The cost of the Traditional Funeral Service is £2500 plus disbursements*.
*Disbursements are third party payments made on your behalf such as cremation and burial fees; doctors fees for cremation; celebrants and ministers fees; church or venue fees; floral tributes or newspaper notices.
There are many ways to make a funeral service special and memorable, in many cases these personal touches cost nothing or very little . At Barringtons Funeral Services, our experience and personalised approach means that we can help make the day truly unique and memorable.
An overview of our
approach to funeral service